fourguppies

Welcome to fourguppies! We are Tim, Gayla, Hope and Autumn Guptill. We live in Canada's oldest mill town - Marysville, NB (Fredericton). Tim is the pastor @ Olivet Wesleyan Church. www.olivetwesleyan.ca

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Trip of a Life Time!

Me and the Sea of Galilee

It's hard to find words that describe my trip to Israel. It still hasn't completely sunk in.
I arrived home around 12:45 a.m. Friday night after 26 hours of travel! I felt almost normal for most of Saturday until 6 p.m. Whammo! Jet-lag hit me like a truck. I slept from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Dr. Wilbur Williams of Indiana Wesleyan University was our tour guide and he was incredible! He has made 130 + trips to Israel and he has spent many years on archaeological digs in Israel. Dr. Williams literally brought the Bible to life on this trip. It was more than just sight-seeing, it was an experience that changed everyone of us.

One of the things that Dr. Williams kept reminding us of is that we will never read our Bible the same again. That's so true. Even this morning as I was listening to Pastor Chris Wilson (yes, the Fredericton Chris Wilson!) preach from Numbers and Israelites crossing into the Promised Land, I leaned over to Gayla and said, "I've been there..."



I'll blog a few more pics for you to get a glimpse into the trip...

Awesome!
Tim

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am soooo jealous! This is a trip I would LOVE to make some day. First in a long list of trips I want to make....when I'm done putting kids through college. That will be somewhere about the year 2021. :-)

    Carolee

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more about the trip and see your eight million pictures; let's talk soon!

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Tim Guptill said…

    Carolee,

    Israel is one of those experiences that is hard to put in words and might be best summed up as, "You have to go see for yourself". How do you explain to someone what it is like to walk the Via Dolorosa or sit in the Garden of Gethsemane?

    I think we should plan a big honkin' OWC Israel tour!

    See you soon,
    Tim

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Tim Guptill said…

    Hi Mark,

    I took 388 pics which I thought was a lot. I totally had tourist written all over me, with my dig cam in one hand and my camcorder in the other. Ha.

    Some in my group took 1500 pics!

    Some of the pics look like a pile of old rocks, and some of them are quite powerful.

    See you soon,
    Tim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home